Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spill


So umm... When I don't know how to do something in Photoshop, I do it in After Effects Drawn and colored in Photoshop. Imported as a comp into AE, added some effects and lights, trimmed the comp length to 1 frame, then exported as tiff sequence. Brought back into Photoshop for some finishing touches.
I'm trained as a time-based artist so I'm going to use that as my excuse.

Tried a lot of new stuff with this piece so it was good finding out new things. I look at other people's art then if there's something that looks really cool that I find applicable to something I'm working on, I try to figure out how to achieve the look myself.

So subject tilted, have the nice light halo effect, and if you zoomed in really close you could see the lines are shades of the color of that area (kind of like how Spongebob's lines around his face are not just black lines--they're colored to match him). Obscured the lights in the back, added a handful of lights in AE, added that dark blur thing around the edges. I think that really made it actually. Originally I thought the piece was finished without it, but for whatever reason I added it and it looks so much better.
Above is just a small WIP image. Nothing fancy.
I'm happy with how this turned out :) I think I'm improving.

Oh so this piece is titled Spill after the song by Showoff. It's kinda the theme song of my life at the moment.

This is how I feel about choo:
I've suffered everything. You think you feel the same. If you ever want to be with me then think again.
I don't care if you need me. I've questioned everything.
Let me tell you what I say:
Honey, I know it all, still you wonder if I stand or if I fall.
Honey, I. Won't. Take. The. Spill.


Prints available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment